River Clinic treats skin disorders holistically and naturally, free of steroids and antibiotics. Herbs are completely natural, have few side-effects and are well suited for the long-term management of chronic skin conditions.
Oriental medicine has a long history in treating skin disorders. Some interesting Chinese names for equivalent Western dermatology diagnosis that we treat are:
- Four Bend Wind (Atopic Eczema)
- Powder Thorn (Acne)
- Pine Bark Patch (Psoriasis)
- Wind Concealing Rash (Hives/Urticaria)
- Wine Dreg Nose (Rosacea)
- Migrating Wind (Seborrhoeic Dermatitis)
- Hot Sore (Cold Sores & Genital Herpes)
- Golden Coin Patch (Fungal Infection)
- Thousand Day Sore (Plantar Warts)
- Sweat Patch (Pityriasis Versicolor)
- White Patch Wind (Vitiligo)
- Heaven Blister Sore (Pemphigus/Pemphagoid)
- Snake Sore (Shingles)
- Oil Wind (Alopecia)
- Yellow Water Sore (Impetigo)
- Grey Nail (Fungal Nail Infection)
- Field Snail Blister (Pompholyx Eczema)
- Cat’s Eye Sore (Erythema Multiforme)
- Mother Child Path (Pityriasis Rosea)
- Purple Patch Wind (Lichen Planus)
- Ox Hide Path (Lichen Simplex)
- Cinnabar Toxin (Erysipelas)
- Sweat Rash (Miliaria)
- Horse Scabies (Prurigo Nodularis)
River Clinic has considerable experience in combining oral and topical herbal medication to obtain the most effective results. We have also developed acupuncture techniques to relieve itching skin disorders. Acupuncture is very effective in reducing stress that is associated with skin flare-ups and helping to manage the psycho-social stigma associated with disfiguring skin conditions.
INQUIRIES/BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
A member of our staff will get back to you within 24 hours
COVID-19 UPDATE - NOW OPEN!
We are NOW OPEN with new public safety precautions. The Ontario COVID-19 Self-Assessment screen is mandatory, so please complete it before every in-person visit.