IVF & IUI Support
Natural Pain Relief
If you are planning to do IVF, it is recommended that you have treatments for at least three months before your IVF cycle since it takes at least 3 months for immature eggs (oocytes) to mature enough to be released during ovulation.
The recommendation for acupuncture treatment to prepare for IVF is as follows:
- Three months before your IVF cycle – 1-2 treatments/week
- When your IVF cycle starts (when ovarian stimulation medication starts) – 2~3 treatment/week
- One day before (or after) your egg retrieval – one treatment
- Before and after embryo transfer – 2 treatments on your transfer day
- After embryo transfer & during the first trimester – 1 treatment/week
There are many studies that prove that a set of acupuncture treatment before and after embryo transfer increase the chances of success of IVF; however, 3-month lead in preparation is usually recommended because Traditional Chinese medicine (acupuncture and herbal formulas) as a holistic natural therapy improves fertility and health gradually. Only a few acupuncture sessions will not change your body overnight.
Acupuncture & IUI Preparation
If you are going for IUI (either natural IUI or using just Clomid/Letrozole or a similar medication), it would be the best for you to start preparation three months before as well.
- Three months before your IUI – 1~2 treatments/week
- One day before or on your IUI day – 1 treatment
- One week after your IUI – 2 treatments
- Until your pregnancy test & during the first trimester – 1 treatment/week
INQUIRIES/BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
A member of our staff will get back to you within 24 hours
Due to the Public Health mandate during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only open for herbal consultations via phone/webcam. Acupuncture bookings are not available until May 1st, 2020.